7 Ekim 2011 Cuma

Sour cherry jam / Vişne reçeli

I remember from my childhood, that each summer my grandmother used to prepare jams for the winter using fresh fruit of the season. Sour cherry was one of my favorites and I recall those days. We used to go to the market in Ula, Mugla on a Friday in July to buy 5 kilos of fruit and prepare the following recipe...


Cooking time:  60 minutes
Preparation time: 2 days

Ingredients
2 kg sourcherries
2.5 kg sugar
1/2 lemon


  • Wash the sour cherries and clean the pits.
  • In a bowl, add the sugar and let it stand overnight.
  • Next day boil the mixture on medium to high heat for 1,5 hours and add the juice of lemon 10-15 minutes before you turn the heat off. The juice of the jam should drop from the spoon as seen on the below picture.
  • Let it cool.
  • If you like the jam thicker than it is, cover the plate with a net and put under the sun for 2-3 days.










Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder